Tutorial 06

 

Unity screenshot 


This week's tutorial was a bit tricky as they happen to be a lot of errors in the instructions. I was able to fix some of the errors after doing some google research and reading. This turned out to be very time-consuming and unfortunately without them fixed Unity didn't allow me to proceed with further steps as they required play mode to be working. A very big issue that I came across and that caused me a lot of time and trouble was the incorrect use of the capital letter in the names for the scripts. This cause a lot of trouble as nothing would work then and I have re-read the instructions many times and made sure it was exactly the same but it was what cause me the problem. The second part also had that mistake with the script but thankfully I noticed it earlier and got it fixed much quicker which meant I didn't get stuck for a long time again. The second part went also a bit faster and I found the canvas with the text input very handy and useful to learn, think this can be beneficial for future work with Unity. Overall I like how the steps are writing down as it is easier to go back and faster to follow but at the same time there are spelling errors and despite using the same version of Unity some bits have been moved, think the steps would be better if they provided more screenshots.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Designer

Game Design

Game Vision Statement