2D Unity Tutorial 01

 

Screenshot of my Unity, working on the 2D Ruby's adventure


I'm am very happy that the coding is the same as it was in the 3D game tutorials. It is a great way to practice and hopefully understand the coding more. Think that I will now get more comfortable with coding in Unity and will be more capable of coding more actions myself with less help in the future. This week's tutorials felt quite nice to do and I am starting to think that so far the 2D game design seems to be slightly easier and I found the written form of the tutorial better than the video. It allowed me to work at my pace and it was faster and easier to go back over a part if you made a mistake or missed something by accident.

This week I have completed the first part of the Unity tutorials and overall it the process went very well. I learned some shortcuts which I started to use and I found the world painting very fun to do. The overall tutorial went smoothly for me with some minor problems that I easily fixed and was able to continue on without spending too long trying to figure out the problem. The steps are written clearly and I really like that there are screenshots provided as they are a big help especially when your version of Unity is different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Designer

Game Design

Game Vision Statement