Unity Tutorial 02

Screenshot of this week's Unity tutorial

This game is slowly coming together, this week as part of the tutorial we have added some new objects and messed around with some physics. I am finding this more detailed and complicated than the 3D game design for some strange reason but I am getting through the tutorials quite well. Overall I found the 3D more interesting and fun to make.

This week we have made some prefabs and the tutorial explained how to create prefabs and what is their functions which I found very useful. I wasn't very sure and confident with the prefabs but after this week's Unity tutorial I have learned how to make them and what the benefit of them is. The prefabs really speed up the process and allow you to change the color for example of all the same prefabs at the same time. This means to don't have to spend too much time going through all the same objects to change them individually. 

I like that we get the ability to create and develop something ourselves through this Unity tutorial, like painting our own world which allows us to explore and give a little bit of ourselves to the project. We can change the look of the overall game and at the same time following the tutorial fully. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Designer

Game Design

Game Vision Statement