Planning for my Topic

 

Screenshot of my Refworks

I have done a little research about my topic "The relationship between the gamer and the avatar" which I am finding very interesting. I am happy that I have changed my topic and like my new choice more. I have already come across some videos and articles on Google Scholar by having a quick look. I think this is going to be a fun topic to explore and discuss. 

I have started with setting up my account on Refworks and our College library to get prepared for next week's research. In RefWorks, I have created a folder for this module where I will be putting in all my research and keeping track of the papers and research. I went over some settings and explored the tool to familiarise myself more with the page.   

I know I will have to do much deeper research for my topic in the library because many resources that I have found are about games in general or about coding. I  will definitely be looking at the library resources in greater detail. It was much easier to find articles and many different resources on Google Scholar which seems to have a greater focus on my topic and pays more attention to it than the resources in the library. I'm hoping to find something relevant to my topic in the library for research.

Keywords for my topic:

Player&Avatar
Character
Avatar
Gamer relationship
Player relationship
Avatar relationship
Connection
Emotion
Bond
Game design
Effect
Response
Reaction
Game world&Realworld
Similar characteristics
Idol
Responsibility for Avatar

Links:

Avatar and Player relationship paper

Player & Avatar relationship

The Relationship Between Player and Character (Persona)









  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Designer

Game Design

Game Vision Statement