My Game the Beta version

The Beta version of my Game

Screenshot of my game

My journey of game design has almost come to an end, it is amazing how much I have progressed and developed my game. Overall I think is coming out to be very successful I have fixed many bugs and issues that I happen to have in the alpha version. I have progressed with its development a lot and have fully finished some areas that I was lacking in my alpha version.

One of my biggest achievement this week for this version was that I have fully completed building the whole path course and all the elements. All the obstacles are finished and any materials or colours that need to be added on were added successfully. I have tested the whole path of the game myself a few times to make sure it is fully accessible and playable. In order to give the players some choices, I have included some extra paths and shortcuts.  


View of my Unity

For this version, I have added in a mother plane under the first one to make one level with two parts in it. In order to make it more interesting, I added a moving lava effect on the second plane. I think this has a massive improvement for the gameplay. The lava is slowly flowing as the player is trying to get across to the finish line. I am very happy with how well this has turned out to work. 


Illusion tunnel in my game

I have received much positive feedback on the illusion tunnel that I have made in the alpha version, therefore I decide to make more and create a better effect. I like them myself very much and feel like they add in a lot of extra fun in the game and allow the player to get some real speed of the ice ball rolling. They were time-consuming at first to make but they turned out to be successful, I used them to transport the player in a fun and creative way to another part of the game.

Not everything worked for me as I wanted and had to change some things that I have planned to make at first. Many times I had to look for an alternative if I wasn't able to make what I wanted or if something wasn't working out for it. With the solution to finding an alternative, I was able to make my game almost as planned and make it work. I wasn't able to make the extra scenes that would include my game start scene and my game over scene. I would run out of time and I didn't feel comfortable enough after watching some tutorials on that task. 

I was able to think of an alternative for making a game start scene, how to play scene, and the game over scene. For this, I have used materials that are displayed at the beginning of the game for the player to read and study carefully before they are ready to start the game. I think this is equally useful and helpful, it allows the player to feel comfortable before starting the game. 

 

Start scene of my game




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Designer

Game Design

Game Vision Statement