Review Week Comments and Feedback

Looking back

Multi-tasking
Image source

It's not easy to comment on other people's work especially if you know them well and you don't want to criticise the person but help them. After those few weeks, we have been thought about how to properly give feedback to people so they can improve from it and don't treat it as a negative thing. The feedback from other students should be like an inspiration for you to want to improve and make your project enjoyable for others rather than just yourself.

Most of my comments sounded helpful however some have been added a bit too late as I might already have moved on or had a specific thing done. The students really tried to help and had some good ideas however the majority of the time I felt like it is was too late as it would completely change my game idea which would be fine if I only started. It would be better if the feedback could be given much earlier. Despite this, I have considered some of the feedback I've received and changed my game a little.

The strategy of how the feedback was commented was good as each student pointed out what is interesting and what they like before giving suggestions or criticising the idea. I haven't received any bad or negative feedback, everyone wrote down their suggestions which I really liked and found helpful. Comments that pointed out what is good and interesting are the most helpful to me as I then know what I am doing good and what works out.

I try to have a read over what other people have commented on a person's blog to analyze other students writing. I get the sense that we all seem to be around the same level and maybe find it a bit difficult at times to comment on people's blogs without repeating the same topics or covering the same aspects that a previous comment might have already covered.

I think that this way of getting to know people through their blog is working out quite well and it is a good chance for us to check out who is in our year since we can't get to know each other in College. I feel like you get to know a little bit about the person by reading the introduction, however, it is not the same or nearly as good as if you meet the person face to face. The introduction points out how the person sees themself rather than how you see them. I do like the fact that we have a way of getting to know one another through blogging as we get more familiar with each other. 

I'm fairly happy with my blog, have received some positive feedback about its layout and colour theme. I like how everything is being presented and don't have any issues with it so I don't feel the need of having to change something. I feel that I should read through blog posts and projects that I find more interest in so I can provide the student with better feedback as I will engage with the post more and have more suggestion ideas.    

         




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Designer

Game Design

Game Vision Statement