My Game Prototype

Making a Start

Screen Shot of my game

This week was my first time working on Unity on my own without following the video or having hints on how to make things work. I have begun to work on my own game this week, it will be a challenge to complete but so far I am not doing too bad. I am a little bit stressed with the coding and how successful I will be in bringing my whole idea to reality in Unity. I feel like I may not have the skills to achieve exactly what I want but I will give it my best shot.

I started off by setting up my own project in Unity and played around to see what I know and get to explore Unity on my own a bit more. I have to be honest I was slightly blank at first because I had no assets or tutorial videos that I had to follow like we do every week, I got this huge freedom of doing in my own way and how I wanted.

I made a sphere and other objects and then used the previous unity tutorials to see what I can do and what will work in my game. Using the tutorials from lesson 1 Unity I was able to make the ball move forward and back but the turning didn't work as good as it did for the car. I removed the glide turning from the script but the ball still didn't move the way I wanted it to, it had a very robotic movement rather than a rolling movement that I wanted to have.

In order to test out some other ideas I had, I decided to leave the script for the sphere for now and played around with the mass and some obstacles. The mass of the sphere was too little so I raised it up to stop it from bouncing off other objects so easily. As seen in the photo, I have applied some colour as well which turned out to be very easy to do. I have made a green ground just as I planned and will be adding some texture to the sphere to it give an ice ball effect.

I have messed around with some scripts and coding which I don't enjoy much but I was happy with the script I managed to get working with some unity help so that the camera follows the player. I have that script fully completed and it is working very well. The camera is placed up at a good height and angle so that the player will get a good view of the game as he or she is playing it.  

I'm looking forward to developing my game further on and messing around with some more options and coding to make my game idea more successful. I have found some new tutorials on Unity that look very helpful and there are a few different ways of doing the same task so I am planning on trying them out and seeing which one I will find the best for myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Designer

Game Design

Game Vision Statement