Why our Growth Mindset is so important

 Develop the Growth Mindset

Fixed vs Growth Mindset

Growth mindset Pinterest

 Unfortunately 
I have never heard of Carol Dweck but I found her speech very interesting and it shows that she really wants to get the message out for the good sake of children and young people. Dweck is shows us proof such as studies that were preformed and gives us her own life experience which has a very big effect on her audience and leaves that thought of "growth mindset" and "fixed mindset" in our head.

Carol Dweck really changes your point of view toward education and makes you realise that you spent time to achieve good grands rather than education. As a former secondary student I fully agree with her opinion and wish it all schools could have the same opinion on it. Education in primary and secondary school is all focused on getting the highest grade rather than actually learning and wanting to improve your knowledge.

Therefore I think that secondary school has put me into this fixed mindset but college is making me change my way of thinking and I feel like I'm getting out of this fixed mindset and going more into the growth mindset where I learn from my errors and want to try to gain a better knowledge.

In this semester I will try to focus more on the task and feedback rather than the grade. I want to be able to learn from the assignments than just achieve a good grade. After listening to Carol Dweck I have a different opinion now on the completing an assignment, task, test, etc.   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Designer

Game Design

Game Vision Statement