Unity Tutorial 02

Unity Tutorial part 2 

Unity Logo
Image Source

I just have completed the second tutorial of Unity and I'm slowly starting to get more comfortable with the program and the instructions start to make more sense. Although I am following the video tutorials well, I don't feel comfortable enough to go ahead and work with Unity on my own. I am a bit nervous because despite the fact that I like Unity I lack a little bit of belief in myself to work on my own game without the Unity tutorials.

The second part of the game that we are currently creating in Unity was easy and fast enough to do. I enjoy to see the progress we make with every little video and like how it is all coming together. I find the explanation in the videos very helpful as they help you to understand the purpose of a certain code etc. The videos are up to scratch and facile to follow, with just a few short little videos I was able to make the vehicle rotate correctly and control the speed.

I felt like the plane challenge is a bit too early for us to handle at first but with the help of the hints it turned out not to be too bad. I didn't think I could do it at first but it was possible. I ran into a few problems first as the files didn't work for me twice and had to create a completely new separate project for the challenge video. Then Unity crashed on me and almost lost all of my work. I had to restart the plane challenge again even though I have saved it. It was a frustrating night but I managed to get it all fixed the next day and was tired of having to do it again for the third time but at least I got more practice and feel more comfortable with this exercise now.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Designer

Game Design

Game Vision Statement