Game Vision Statement

My Game Vision


A quick sketch of my game idea

After some brainstorming and researching, I have decided on my game idea and now can start to look into it more in depth. Although my idea is based on the games below and it will have the same controls and very alike gameplay, it won't be the same game as "Coin Rush" for example because I will be making my own version of the game. My main goal is to make the game more fun and interactive for the players, I want to add some adrenaline and rush to my own version of the game to make it more entertaining but not frustrating. 

In my version the player will be a ball of ice and will have to complete the laid out course on a platform before the ball melts in order to complete the game. The player will have to balance the ball and hit certain objects to get through to the finish line, however the game will be over once the player drops the ball, hits an object that will make it crash or if the ball melts before reaching the finish line. There will be traps along the way which the player must avoid or overcome.   

Based on:
Ball Balance
Coin Rush
Ball 3D

The genre of my game is a 3d world puzzle game. My idea is based on the games above yet it is my own version of this puzzle time of games. What makes my game enter this category of games is that it involves a challenge in order to be completed successfully and the player must think about his or her move and figure out which is the best option. This game requires focus and the player must think logically in order to solve the challenges that are awaiting for them on the path. Not only does the player need to make sure that the ball doesn't fall but also look out for danger zones and obstacles that could be a threat. One wrong move can cause the player to go down into a trap, the player must think about their move and find the best solution to solve the level, therefore I think the puzzle genre is the most suitable for my game.

Inspiration and game play example of my game idea

I have talked a little bit about the gameplay that I am planning for my game. The above video that I found on YouTube, shows a good example of how the game is played and what kind of tasks/challenges the player faces. The video shows some interesting ways that how the ball interacts with other objects in order to complete the task. I think that does extra features that are added in this specific game called "Ballance" makes if more fun and challenging than other similar games. In addiction I think that it makes it stand out from others because many games like those don't have those extra bits in them and they are just focussed on balancing the ball on different objects which can get boring very quickly for most players. 

The ball will move by rolling which the player will be able to control using arrow keys, this will made the controls easy to remember allowing the player to focus fully on the game and the tasks in it. I already have the ability to make an object move using arrow keys from the Unity tutorials which make me feel more comfortable about the game controls. 

The camera will be positioned behind the ball and follow it at a good distance giving the player a good view on the ball and the obstacles. The camera will be raised up to allow the player to see ahead as well giving him or her a better chance to plan their next step. The ball will start on a flat surface and will have to roll up and down some objects without falling off.  




The above three links are linked to Unity tutorials that I had a quick browse through and found them interesting as they can be very helpful in my game project. There are useful information there with steps or videos that can help and guide me with my game. The import texture instructions can help me to  make the ball look like an ice ball. I could take an image of ice and then bring it into Unity to add it to the ball following the instructions. The first and the last link could be useful as I can use some assets from those folders and since the ball in my game will also be interacting with some objects then the last link should be great help.   

I'm starting to feel more comfortable about my game design. I'm happy with my choice because so far I have found a lot of unity tutorials that could be great help. I'm more exciting and looking forward to my game now.




Comments

  1. Hi Wiktoria! Your game vision statement is really good and you explain the criteria really well. The obstacles you decided to add on your game is also cool and they all could add some thrill/excitement while playing your game. I could already imagine how would you game will be like and good luck creating your game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wiktoria, I have just read your Vision Statement and I like where it is going so far. I really did you research and have kindly displayed sketches of how the game will look like it is good. Looking at the youtube video example I really like where this ball game will be going so far good job. Some questions: Why did u decide to make the ball of ice? Will there be different levels or just one? How how the background of the game look like?. But Besides all of that I am really liking were all this is going and looking forward to how it will come out.
    - Tochi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Designer

Game Design